Room Temperature Vulcanized Silicone Rubber
Trimethylchlorosilane is an organic substance with the chemical formula C3H9ClSi. It is a colorless and transparent liquid with a pungent odor. It is widely used in the synthesis of spices and organic drugs.
(1) Chloromethane and silicon powder are directly synthesized in the next step catalyzed by cuprous chloride to generate methylchlorosilane mixture, which can be purified by rectification to obtain trimethylchlorosilane and other monomers. Laboratory Preparation Tetramethylsilane can be reacted with acetyl chloride in the presence of aluminum trichloride.
(2) The crude product (or industrial product) trimethylchlorosilane and aluminum trichloride, aluminum tribromide or ferric hydroxide are stirred together at 60°C for 10 minutes, and then distilled to obtain a pure product.
(3) Chloromethane and silicon powder are synthesized in one step at high temperature above 300-550℃ in the presence of cuprous chloride catalyst, and the obtained methylchlorosilane mixture is purified by rectification to obtain trimethylchlorosilane.
(4) 17.5 g of tetramethylsilane was rapidly added to 26.5 g of purified aluminum trichloride cooled in an ice-salt bath, and 16 ml of acetyl chloride was added dropwise with stirring. The rate of addition of acetyl chloride is preferably maintained at a proper reflux, and the addition process is completed in 40 minutes. After the addition is completed, the reaction is stirred for 1 hour, and 20.8 g of trimethylchlorosilane can be obtained by distillation.
According to the acid-base theory, trimethylchlorosilane is a neutral product. Since it has no ability to accept protons, it is neither acidic nor basic.
(1) Trimethylchlorosilane is used in unsaturated polyester composite materials, which can improve the mechanical properties, electrical properties and light transmission properties of the composite materials, especially the wet performance of the composite materials.
(2) Infiltration treatment of glass fiber can improve the mechanical strength and electrical properties of glass fiber reinforced composites in wet state.
(3) In the wire and cable industry, the coupling agent is used to treat the EPDM system cross-linked with clay filled with peroxide, which improves the consumption factor, inductance and capacitive reactance.
(4) Copolymerized with vinyl acetate and acrylic or methacrylic monomers, these polymers are widely used in coatings, adhesives and sealants to provide excellent adhesion and durability.
Have a question or request?
Click below,we’ll be happy to assist.