Methyl Vinyl Silicone Rubber
The application method of silane coupling agent is mainly based on the different substrates to be treated, and different treatment methods that are adopted.
The biggest feature of the molecular structure of the silane coupling agent is that the molecule contains two chemically different groups. One is an inorganic-philic group, which generates a Si-OH group after hydrolysis, and then the Si-OH group dehydrates and condenses with the OH group on the surface of the inorganic material to form a -Si-O- bond. The other is an organic-philic group, which can interact with synthetic resins or with other polymers, undergoing chemical reactions or generating hydrogen bonds and dissolving in them. One end of the group can form covalent bonds or hydrogen bonds with hydroxyl groups on the surface of inorganic materials or oxides on the surface of metals, and the other end can form hydrogen bonds with organic materials or generate covalent bonds, thereby organically connecting the interfaces of inorganic materials and organic materials to improve various properties of the composite material. Therefore, the coupling agent is called a molecular bridge, and a silane coupling agent is used to improve the interface between inorganic and organic substances.
1. The silane coupling agent can be formulated into a solution, which is conducive to the dispersion of the silane coupling agent on the surface of the material. The solvent is a solution composed of water and alcohol.
2. The solution is generally tmds silane(20%), alcohol (72%), water (8%), and the alcohol is generally ethanol (p-ethoxysilane).
3. Viewed from the surface phenomenon during the hydrolysis process of silane coupling agent KH550, there are opaque or flocculent substances at the beginning of hydrolysis. After half an hour or more of full stirring, the solution is colorless and transparent, which means the hydrolysis is completed. Zhongtian provides a reasonable silane coupling agent price for customers.
1. Purity, solid content and other impurities of silane coupling agent KH550.
2. The ratio of silane coupling agent KH550 to water is less than 1:5.
3. The water of silane coupling agent KH550 contains other ions, so deionized water is recommended.
4. The ketone solvent is used, which affects the hydrolysis effect.
Note: KH550 silane cannot be stored for a long time after being hydrolyzed. It is best to use it after it is ready and it is better to use it up in one hour.
1. Surface pretreatment method
Put the filler into the solid mixer, spray the above silane solution directly on the filler and stir it. The higher the rotation speed, the better the dispersion effect. Generally, stir for 10-30 minutes (the slower the speed, the longer the time), and the filler should be dried at 120°C (2 hours).
2. Bottom method
Apply 5%-20% silane coupling agent solution, as described above, to the surface of the substrate by coating, brushing, spraying, and dipping. Take them out and dry at room temperature for 24 hours, preferably at 120°C for 15 minutes.
3. Direct accession method
Silane can also be added directly to the "filler/resin" mixture. And when the resin and filler are mixed, the silane can be sprayed directly into the mix. The amount of coupling agent is generally 0.1%-2% of the filler content (depending on the diameter of the filler).
Have a question or request?
Click below,we’ll be happy to assist.